This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Statistics show that students are, less and less, taking up science as a career; in the South, that's in large part because they are shamed by their peers for being blasphemous because - you know - science leads to thinking evolution might be real, and because studying things like the stars is pointless because, as the Bible say, during the Tribulation, the stars will fall from the sky. Since these same people believe that the Tribulation is due 'real soon now', mostly thanks to lots of ministries 'proving' the signs are coming together, why study stars that are all going to be down here on Earth soon, anyway?
There's also the point about studying stars is pointless because science assumes that they are older than 6,000 years. There is obviously a big disconnect between the stars being 6,000 years old and studying any science that says that they are billions of years old. It's just hearesy.
So, while the 'reality-based' community (Bush's spokeswoman's term) laments what the article calls 'decimating science', most people don't care. Frankly, NASA should try to understand what Eve threw away when she bit into the fruit; what was the world like in the Garden of Eden? What fruit, exactly, is the 'fruit of knowledge'? Can you make use a juicer and make a tasty drink with that fruit?
- Report Says Space Program Is Lacking Money and Foc...
- Trust for America's Health Fantasy Report
- 'Plastic Oil' Could Improve Fuel Economy In Cars, ...
- Bush's editor of climate reports resigns: why?
- Bush sits like a chicken in his roost while bird f...
- More Mad Cow
- Who needs science? Not U.S.
- The Better Educated A Woman Is, The Better She Sle...
- Pesky, unneeded regulators - it's enough to give y...
- Vaccine Curbs Shingles Cases and Severity
- ▼ June (10)