This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Thursday, June 02, 2005
You may wonder what this is doing in the Politics section; good question.
Here's my quandry: the people I know are generally more educated and, as a rule, are much more likely to be:
1) troubled by what BushCo and the Religious Right are doing to this country
2) more likely to have suffered unemployment - or be worried about that prospect, due to off-shoring (aided by the tax credits that Bush has given companies that off-shore)
So, I can understand men having more trouble sleeping, but I'm at a lost as to why women have less trouble sleeping. I don't think that the women are any less knowledgeable than the men, nor are they less involved in what's going on (in fact, in most cases, they are more involved), nor do they have less of a conscience about what's going on (again, generally, they are more concerned).
I chalk it up to women being more advanced than men, and they are able to just say, at bedtime, "Well, I can't do anything about the world situation before morning, so I'm just going to get some sleep." Whereas, perhaps, men keep fretting about things they can't change while they are asleep. It just goes to point out, I think, the innate wisdom of women.
- Report Says Space Program Is Lacking Money and Foc...
- Trust for America's Health Fantasy Report
- 'Plastic Oil' Could Improve Fuel Economy In Cars, ...
- Bush's editor of climate reports resigns: why?
- Bush sits like a chicken in his roost while bird f...
- More Mad Cow
- Who needs science? Not U.S.
- The Better Educated A Woman Is, The Better She Sle...
- Pesky, unneeded regulators - it's enough to give y...
- Vaccine Curbs Shingles Cases and Severity
- ▼ June (10)