This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Monday, May 30, 2005
In this article, from that bastion of fake science, the University of Oregon, comes a study that says that the contrast between the rainy and dry seasons will become even more pronounced than it is now.
The mistake that environmentalists make is that they keep talking about the greenhouse effect as if it is 'coming', and not here now.
What this article points out is that the greeenhouse effect has been here for a while, but it will become much worse, specifically in the difference between wet and dry seasons.
The article doesn't go into a lot of detail; face it, people nowadays are mostly like Bush; don't know, don't care, so going into detail just wastes time and newspaper space that could be better spent on cartoons and fashion news.
However, you can pay for the full article here: http://www.gsajournals.org/gsaonline/?request=get-document&doi=10.1130%2FG21263.1
The bottom line: get out your umbrella.
- New HPV treatment: a single shot into the wart can...
- More junk 'greenhouse' science - according to the ...
- Plastic emasculates male babies
- Thermohaline shutting down
- WHO to warn on changing avian flu
- Breast Cancer - Low fat diets
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Now Offers Microwave T...
- ABC News: Dozens Contract Illness From Small Pets
- Bee parasite
- ▼ May (9)