This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Monday, May 02, 2005
While most people think that something that wipes out 50% of bees is no big deal - so we have a little less honey? - they don't understand that bees are required to pollinate $15 billion dollars worth of agricultural products a year, like most fruit and nuts. The last time I looked, fruits and nuts should form a goodly portion of your daily diet; think scurvy, for one.
What can you do? Write your lawmakers - at all levels - and demand accelerated government programs to find solutions to the mite problem.
- New HPV treatment: a single shot into the wart can...
- More junk 'greenhouse' science - according to the ...
- Plastic emasculates male babies
- Thermohaline shutting down
- WHO to warn on changing avian flu
- Breast Cancer - Low fat diets
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Now Offers Microwave T...
- ABC News: Dozens Contract Illness From Small Pets
- Bee parasite
- ▼ May (9)