This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Thursday, October 06, 2005
A geologist, who studies rocks, looks at the Grand Canyon and see congruity between what he's learned and what he's seeing.
A creationist, who knows nothing about geology, says that the rocks look the way they do because God created them that way.
It's a good thing that oil exploration geologists aren't creationists, or they wouldn't know where to look for oil unless they thought God just happened to place oil in the same kind of structures - again and again - just for fun.
Geology can explain how the rocks in the canyon folded (heat and pressure over time), and the metamorphosis of the rocks backs up that explanation.
Creationists, I guess, think that God created the rocks all folded up and then morphed them just to have a bit of a go at us; how many people could he sucker into believing that gradual processes did the folding and changing?
God - he's one great kidder!
- Broccoli Sprouts, Cabbage, Ginkgo Biloba And Garli...
- MSNBC - A Costly Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Improves Sexual Function In P...
- Bird Flu Going to East Africa, United Nations Offi...
- Air in the West going South
- 'Expert' Witness Sees Evidence in Nature for Intel...
- Early Study Shows Spice Stunts Breast Cancer Sprea...
- BBC NEWS | Health | Pillows can harbour harmful fu...
- What We Cannot Do Ourselves, We Cannot Understand ...
- Cervical cancer vaccine is 100% effective
- Seeing Creation and Evolution in Grand Canyon - Ne...
- BBC NEWS | Health | 1918 killer flu 'came from bir...
- Mystery virus
- D.C. Red-Light Cameras Fail to Reduce Accidents
- Daily Kos: Pandemic flu: will the U.S. be ready?
- ▼ October (15)