This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
So, since he can't understand rocket engines, either, it must be that God designed them, also.
I'm not sure how he explains, to use a current example, drug resistance in the H5N1 flu virus. Why, a virus couldn't just 'acquire' a gene from another virus - that's way too complex, and how would a virus know that it's supposed to acquire that gene? Viruses swap genes with other viruses (and they don't even have to be H5 viruses) to acquire different traits, like how to disguise themselves so as not to be attacked by the immune system. You know - some people might call that 'evolution', but we all know that nothing evolves.
For example, this 'scientist' says that the flagellum on bacteria that drives it is like an 'outboard motor', and he sees a 'rotary motor' attached to a 'drive shaft that pushes a propeller', and that is, to him, 'a purposeful arrangement of parts'.
Well, a virus acquiring a gene to protect it from Tamiflu, when that virus has never been in the presence of Tamiflu, is 'purposeful', is it not?
Some people also believe we never reached the moon.
- Broccoli Sprouts, Cabbage, Ginkgo Biloba And Garli...
- MSNBC - A Costly Disease
- Testosterone Therapy Improves Sexual Function In P...
- Bird Flu Going to East Africa, United Nations Offi...
- Air in the West going South
- 'Expert' Witness Sees Evidence in Nature for Intel...
- Early Study Shows Spice Stunts Breast Cancer Sprea...
- BBC NEWS | Health | Pillows can harbour harmful fu...
- What We Cannot Do Ourselves, We Cannot Understand ...
- Cervical cancer vaccine is 100% effective
- Seeing Creation and Evolution in Grand Canyon - Ne...
- BBC NEWS | Health | 1918 killer flu 'came from bir...
- Mystery virus
- D.C. Red-Light Cameras Fail to Reduce Accidents
- Daily Kos: Pandemic flu: will the U.S. be ready?
- ▼ October (15)