Search This Blog

This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Scientists Reveal Significant Behavioral Impacts Of Early Life Stress, Study Therapies

I've said this since I worked at Inlet Drug Crisis Center in the early 70's in Houston. I think they will also find that 'in the womb' experiences are more influential than have been realized, because the neurotransmitters from the mother cross the placental barrier, so the baby actually feels what the mother feels, but has no idea why. Studies have show that babies of mothers who didn't want them act different from the moment they are born.

Perhaps we'll get away from this 'blame the victim' stuff and start dealing with what is really happening.

If the link above does not work, the original article may still be here.

No comments:

Followers