This blog is to store what I consider to be important - or weird - stories about health and science. To read these, you will need the Adobe Reader; you may download it at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html Be sure to check out my political blog at: http://larblog.blogspot.com Welcome to my friends from LeftWingRadicals!
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Breathing in secondhand smoke massively increases the risk of lung cancer and heart disease, an official report by medical scientists shows.
Ministers have sat on the results for months amid fears it will fuel calls for a ban on smoking in public places, claim campaigners.
(being from England, they have Ministers instead of Administration members)
Original article is here.
- ► 2005 (110)
- ABC News: U.S. Short at Least 500,000 Poll Workers...
- Russian Expert Says Flu Epidemic May Kill Over One...
- Mad Cow or Chronic Wasting Disease or Scrappie or ...
- Yahoo! News - AstraZeneca's Crestor May Harm Kidne...
- Scientists Reveal Significant Behavioral Impacts O...
- Anesthesia Can Dim Patients' Minds
- 'Brain' In A Dish Acts As Autopilot, Living Comput...
- Older father schizophrenia link
- World Living Beyond Its Environmental Means
- Yahoo! News - Some Supplements Can Damage Eyes
- Passive smoking turns out to be worse than thought...
- Talk about your long life span! 180,000 to 430,00...
- Biologists Hunt for Snakehead in Chicago
- ▼ October (13)